yourlocal3.com
October 24, 2014, 09:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: use an electrically related handle for signup to get in faster Thanks

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: President Hill's plan to create a lower paid class of IBEW electricians  (Read 8117 times)
KnobandTube

« on: June 17, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »

Go to the IBEW website and watch the video of President Hill saying we need to get all the smaller and medium sized jobs again. You know the box stores, CVS, Walgreens and stores like that. He says he will create a new lower paid classification to go after this work and if a business manager disagrees with him, he'll authorize outside locals to come into anothers jurisdiction and do the work at the new lower scale. You gotta watch this video. I can't even imagine what this means to us AJ's here in the city.

http://www.ibew.com/media/Hill-Recovery-Program2010.wmv
Oily
Holy Shit My Fingers are Tired!

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »

Thanks Brother Knobs Wink.

After seeing this video, I am disgusted with ''Our Contractors'' Why, We are ''Workers ,
They..........Secure the work.

C-mon Brother Hillsbrother.........Wake up this should have been said 30 years ago,......Between You And Publicity seeking Pillard......You GUYS DROPPED THE BALL>

DON"T THROW BLAME ON THE WORKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

OK Oily CALM DOWN Angry.

Why is it that local 3 has a ''M'' division An ''J'' division, A ''Elevator division, Whose SCALES ARE MUCH LOWER THAN THE ""A"" DIVISION Huh? Huh? Huh?.

Why are not the contractors to blame.......HUH..........The bastards ignored the small work, as a matter of fact even the lowly union minority contractor got pieces of jobs from the BIGGER CONTRACTORS................Sure it was legislated in,
But why did they STOP BIDDING THE SMALLER JOBS, They GOT FAT , THATS WHY.

I can't count how many times I told my contractor that the deli wanted to remodel, but no it was to small for them, So why not seek out another contractor within THEIR ASSOCIATION Angry.

So Mr. Hillofbeans...........You a barking up the wrong tree if you are BLAMING US WORKERS> Angry Sad Undecided Cry Kiss........OILY OUT Wink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:07:54 PM by Oily » Logged
from the hall

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »

this is why we need ONE MAN ONE VOTE. this guy is a corporate puppet of NECA. first the " code of excellence" now this. it is all our fault brothers.
....because we let it happen.

http://communicateordie.com/node/313

there's two kinds of people in this world...
us and them.
if you have to ask who Us is...
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
from the hall

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »

http://ibewwireman.com/smf/index.php?topic=5545.msg23000;topicseen#msg23000

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
from the hall

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

this shit has been going on for years now. brothers we must start helping ourselves here. this plan has aleready seen high profile jobs across America get 2 j-men called and 25 or so CEs.
this is the same shit the CWA did in NYC 1 journeyman, 20 "helpers". it is KILLING some halls.it has to stop.
it started with the "florida initiative" to combat nonunion down there, and has spread across the whole country. now the IO is making it mandatory for EVERY hall to have it in place by LABOR DAY(ironic isn't it?) or be dissolved. thats right DISSOLVED. by our own IO!!!!
the states without liscensing requirements(hello NY) are the most vulnerable, so fight it .

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
from the hall

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »

again some good websites for information....
www.ibewminuteman.com
www.ibewpride.com
http://www.ibewwireman.com/smf/

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
from the hall

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »

notice those sites have aLEFT handed bug instead of the "normal" RIGHT handed one.
back in the day one of our founding fathers had only one hand(the left). so when he voted he rose his LEFT hand.and so our symbol (the bug)was born. out of respect for a BROTHER who labored with ONE HAND!!!! to show SOLIDARITY AND STRENGTH and that we support our own!!!
when the mccarthy commie hunters came about they called us a leftist organization because of the left hand. so to avoid the problems related to that they changed the symbol to a righty. now  i believe we have gone as far right as we can without KILLING ourselves off. but ed hill does not believe this as you can see in that video.
this guy is more a corporate CEO than a union leader. do some research.
who threw billy chadwick (founder of the BEEs) out of the IBEW?
who was cleared of theft in 1981, yet his secretary was blamed?
this guy is a BUM. and a common crook who has now gotten his hands on the ultimate scam.

http://theibewunionburyingground.blogspot.com/2004_01_10_archive.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:55:33 PM by from the hall » Logged

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
from the hall

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »

ed hills speach from the St.Louis rally last week.
for those that dont know...the carpenters have started a"local 57"
in st.louis and have started organizing non-union ELECTRICIANS into it. they have a clear plan to go national. as they believe that they should do all of the work that is inside any wall.last week there was a rally to protest it. IBEW #1 st.louis just signed adeal that dropped their total package SUBSTANTIALLY. this will be coming to a city near you and soon. it must be nipped in the bud NOW!!!!

http://ibewpride.com/index.php?topic=554.msg1369;topicseen#msg1369

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
beaver

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »

Brother From the Hall...........I agree with everything you had to say about Ed Hill. This man is a dictactor, he knows better than the rank and file, and the unions them self's. He's telling you, If it's not his way then it's the highway. You're right about Florida, my brother is a JW in that state, Ed Hill came in and created I believe 3 to 4 diffrent classifications of Non-Union workers. If I remember right you have one with no experience, one with some some experience, and one with residential experience, and half of them are illegals. The average JW is unemployed now. Fight for One man one Vote, and get Benny Hill out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:58:36 PM by beaver » Logged
whatsyoursocial

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

brother hall, we have stewards passing out leaflets with some details about the carpenters trying to do our jobs, so at least there's that, but these bastards in the international need to get their heads out from whatever rock they are under and see what it's like up here in the land of unemployment. like brother Oily said, we have there secondary rates and market recovery rates and PLA's and all of these wonderful concessions....where has it gotten us? where is the work? is non-union running scared? hell no. they couldn't care less.

i call BULLSHIT! Angry
toxic avenger

"Deserve got nothin' to do with it."-Will Munny

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

Bro Oily is right, we have all kinds  classes of workers but not the contractors with the will to go after the small work. Remember when we had massive problems ( unemployment ) with the MIJ's, that happened because of the contractors refusal to go after that class of work. The amount of non-union we have to deal with ,I believe is a direct result of that. They allowed a climate to exist where the non-union got a foot hold with the small work and just grew out from there. The working agreement says the contractors are bound to go after ALL work, not just jobs with large profit margins. There never was a reason for that work to go rat and now Ed Hill wants the membership to do something about it? How about enforcing the working agreement equally across the board and make the contractors as responsible as the men.
sidewinder

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »

If the I.O. forces a secondary rate to 'go after' work contractors do not go after, PERHAPS it will increase the demand for M and MIJ workers.
I do not see this a threat to the A classification as the secondary rate ALREADY exists in the M division - however under-utilized it may be and
however improperly utilized it may have become (5th year men going for coffee or driving the delivery truck.)

I still see the greater threat to our stability being a membership too large for the market share we are winning, an unwillingness to believe that
the large membership is a problem and the resulting inactivity to create better ways to address the large membership.

There is a glimmer of hope. The 40 credit cap is a step in the right direction. 100 apprentices/ year and 100 organized new M journeymen/ year
would also put us on a trek to a more reasonable membership number and help to reduce the carnage of unemployment.

My answer to the I.O. is, we already have a secondary rate - its called the M, MIJ division. Case closed!!
sblu3

It's not too late .....

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 06:20:16 PM »

Side...

You are correct about the numbers, that certainly attributed much to the current problems both as a drain to our plans and increase to the unemployment.

Maybe as a long term plan shoring up the "M" division is in order.  Getting contractors to either go into this work actively or putting together a program to increase the number of "M" contractors in the local.  We could do this by helping for some of our members to become "M" contractors.  I know two "M" contractors that are doing quite well in this environment and they attribute this to a better skill level of our "M" division.  They also practice many of the efficient processes that I have discussed on these threads.  They would be glad to expand if financing was available to them, which at this time it is not.

We should look to build a stronger contractor base with the focus on cooperation and efficiency. "They are the enemy" has to be eliminated.
from the hall

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:59 PM »

if it was only for m work fine...but in other states, these guys are now doing almost all of the work. in austin tx #60, there was a call last week for 2 jmen and 25 CEs that is not what we NYers call m work, that is taking jobs away from journeymen. like i said the contractors will take advantage of anything they can to make money ...and the IO has just handed them a giant wage DECREASE.
while the IO gets more dues payers.
 MIJ is paying back to the local as far as i was taught. so i was proud to be one.these guys (CE/CWs) are organized for the sole purpose of ELIMINATING the journeyman and his pay scale as we know it..these classifications are not like MIJs. they have a ceiling, they do not graduate to journeyman.

us and them.
then you're one of THEM!
-greg aponte
sblu3

It's not too late .....

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »

if it was only for m work fine...but in other states, these guys are now doing almost all of the work. in austin tx #60, there was a call last week for 2 jmen and 25 CEs that is not what we NYers call m work, that is taking jobs away from journeymen. like i said the contractors will take advantage of anything they can to make money ...and the IO has just handed them a giant wage DECREASE.
while the IO gets more dues payers.
 MIJ is paying back to the local as far as i was taught. so i was proud to be one.these guys (CE/CWs) are organized for the sole purpose of ELIMINATING the journeyman and his pay scale as we know it..these classifications are not like MIJs. they have a ceiling, they do not graduate to journeyman.

..and if you were a contractor that wouldn't be your concern?  Look, all the rhetoric aside, if we continue to have friction between us and the contractors - no good can come from that.  As for the "taking away from "A" work, that is up to the leaders of the local to police and determine, if they have the knowledge to do that.  We need change and fresh ideas or else the situation will get much worse than it is now.  Believe me, it can get worse and it will; looking at it now there is no reason to believe it will get better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: