yourlocal3.com
November 22, 2014, 11:13:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New members: use an electrically related handle for signup to get in faster Thanks

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW FURLOUGH EXTENSION?  (Read 2145 times)
lovemytoys

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »

they do it all the time ,like when the union says you owe 9 weeks fulough and the shop said no it 12
Lamp-wick
Holy Shit My Fingers are Tired!

If it's broke, i'll fix it

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »

they do it all the time ,like when the union says you owe 9 weeks fulough and the shop said no it 12
exactly....it is being done all the time so shops can harbor their shoppies.

someday everyone will really understand...and when they find out what the real truth is it will be too late.
Upinya12

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »

They can expand them as long as they want, it won't do anything in regards to the hiring of more men. The contractors have all the key guys they want, will put them on furlough if they get slow, and will only go to the bench if they get busy.

I can't tell you how many times on my job that guys have been sent on furlough (yes, even one week at a time) and nobody shows up on Monday morning to take his or her place, nobody.

The stewards know it, and tell you, "Well brother, you don't understand, those replacements got sent to another job." Bull. If another job needed guys, go to the bench, and send replacements to my job where guys were put on furlough last Friday.

It is one big lie (like how long the wait is) and all you get from the union, the contractors, and the die-hard union supporters is spin.

You wonder why guys come to jobs with bad attitudes?
GhostintheMachine

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »

The last job I was on the foreman furloughed all the shop guys and kept only the guys who came later. Some are still with the shop now.

You'll get tired of knocking me down long before I get tired of getting back up!
Goldmember

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »

Arcadia did the same thing but not with the shop guys, but with men that were there about 5 months. My brother in-law who is a H-T did the same thing with Adco last year. M guys in Arcadia do it alll the time.
Upinya12

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »

Tell that to one of our leaders, they will tell you, "no way, your full of crap" Trust me.
Butt splice

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 07:32:02 AM »

I walked into the construction department with names and card numbers and notes of the time they took off on there own that they shouldn`t have the business agents told me the men did nothing wrong it`s the supers fault so we can`t do anything. Signed man of the year Ditusa and a McAnn. Told me right to my face.
ohm718

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »

It's like the definition of absenteeism the super of the shop makes his own definition. On my last job it was 17 days for 26 weeks. The shop before that they did not seem to care you could take off every Monday or any other day for a year. I know one man that did just that and worked on Sat-sun OT damn near every week.
yagsitsohg

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »

That's how it is. Guys work on furloughs for cash, guys take days or weeks off with no pay if the shop asks, and other shady shit. These are the issues the local needs to adress. Even if it means hiring one guy and make it his job to investigate these matters. No one else is.
GimmeABreak

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 11:02:40 PM »

Butt,don't waste your time. They know exactly whats going on and look the other way. There is no way to end these abuses within this organization. They dont give a fuck about the unemployed or what the contractors do. They only care about organizing, collecting dues, and building up the funds. This is the result of the cozy relationship with, and being in bed with the contractors at JIBcorp.
Fiber Fairy

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »

Butt,don't waste your time. They know exactly whats going on and look the other way. There is no way to end these abuses within this organization. They dont give a fuck about the unemployed or what the contractors do. They only care about organizing, collecting dues, and building up the funds. This is the result of the cozy relationship with, and being in bed with the contractors at JIBcorp.

Whhhhooooooo...Watch out what you say here...The SS lurk here, and attack when provoked.!   You can end up like this poor bastard! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ_fMnikDA
KnobandTube

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »

They dont give a fuck about the unemployed or what the contractors do. They only care about organizing, collecting dues, and building up the funds. This is the result of the cozy relationship with, and being in bed with the contractors at JIBcorp.
You are correct Sir! All the while reciting the brotherhood, patriotic spiel.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: